How much do I need?
STEP ONE: Calculate the square footage of the project area (square footage = length in feet x width in feet)
*If you have more than one area just add up the total square footage for all the areas.
STEP TWO: Decide depth of product.
- Mulch (2″ to 3″)
- Soil and Soil Amendments (site and job specific)
- Rock (Patio 3″ to 6″/Driveway 6″ to 12″)
STEP THREE: Divide square footage by desired depth of product.
- 1″ depth: square footage ÷ 325 = cubic yards
- 2″ depth: square footage ÷ 162 = cubic yards
- 3″ depth: square footage ÷ 108 = cubic yards
- 4″ depth: square footage÷ 81 = cubic yards
- 5″ depth: square footage÷ 65 = cubic yards
- 6″ depth: square footage ÷ 54 = cubic yards
- 8″ depth: square footage ÷40 = cubic yards
- 12″ depth: square footage ÷ 27 = cubic yards
(Hate doing math? Please call (651) 646-1553 for assistance!)
STEP FOUR: Purchase Product
- The total cubic yards needed for your project will ultimately determine how you purchase and receive the product.
- We offer delivery, pick it up yourself, or bag it yourself.
Three easy ways to buy our product:
We deliver to the entire Twin Cities area for a marginal charge. Please visit the DELIVERY section for more information.
2.) Pick It Up
Come into Kern Landscape Resources with an open aired truck or trailer and pick it up yourself! A full size pick-up truck can approximately carry:
Mulch (two yards)
Soil (3/4 yard to one yard)
Rock (half yard to 3/4 yard)
3.) Bag It Yourself
If you need a small amount of mulch or soil Kern Landscape Resources offers our KLR Bag!
The KLR Bag is a three cubic foot bag that you fill yourself!
We supply the bag, funnel, shovel, and zip tie to close the bag! You provide the sweat.