Kern is proud to accept yard waste, brush and branch, sod and soil, logs, and stumps for environmental recycling at a competitive price.
Kern inspects all incoming loads and reserves the right to reject any load. No mixed loads. No construction material, rock, concrete, sand, clay, or fill dirt.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Brush and Branch $16/per yard
- Yard Waste $16/per yard
- Sod and Soil $26/per yard
- Logs 10″ in Diameter $26/per yard
- Stumps $45/per yard
- Minimum Dump $20
HOW IS IT MEASURED?
- Disposal is measured by the cubic yard. One cubic yard = a box that is 3′ x 3′ x 3′
- All disposal loads will be inspected and measured by a Kern employee. All disagreements will be settled with a tape measure and an air horn.
- Your disposal load must be inspected by a Kern employee BEFORE dumping.
- No mixed loads.
- All disposal material must be separated by type: yard waste or brush and branch or sod and soil.
- Each disposal category has a specific drop off site.
- All material for disposal must be largely free of foreign material including but not limited to plastic, fabric, paper bags, metal, construction material, concrete, rock, clay, and sand.
WHAT WE ACCEPT:
Brush and Branch
- YES Tree branches, tree limbs, woody stems, sticks, brush, and roots
- NO Lumber, timbers, railroad ties, plywood, or construction material
- YES Leaves, grass clippings, annual and perennial clippings, garden debris, stump grindings, and regular garden schmutz that we can compost
- NO plastic, paper lawn bags, garbage, or dyed or rubber mulch.
Sod and Soil
- YES Sod rolls, garden soil, potting soil, and soil from yards
- NO Mixed soil, clay, rock, concrete, sand, soil mixed with large quantities of rock, or any soil considered Fill Soil
- YES Logs over 10″ in diameter
- NO Construction lumber, timbers, railroad ties, plywood, and treated lumber
- YES Tree stumps, stump grindings
- NO Tree stumps with wire cages
April through November*
*Weather and time of year dependent
- Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Sunday CLOSED
HOW DOES THE DISPOSAL DROP OFF WORK?
- Load up your disposal at your work site. Get dirty, angry, and sweaty.
- Drive to Kern Landscape Resources @ 915 Albert Street North, St.Paul, MN 55104.
- Check in at the Kern Land Resources office near our retail yard and giant red barn.
- Do not drive around the back until your load has been inspected by a Kern employee.
- Drive to designated drop off site in back as instructed.
- Unload your disposal. Get dirty, angry, and sweaty.
- Go home and load up more disposal or take a nap or take a vacation or drink a Fresca. They’re delicious and you’ve earned it.