We deliver to the entire Twin City Metro area and beyond at a marginal cost that will save you time and money. Please call for availability. (651) 646-1553
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much is the delivery charge?
Our delivery charge is based on zip code and distance from our store. Kern Landscape Resources is located in the heart of St. Paul near Hamline University.
Our most popular zip codes and delivery prices (prices subject to change):
- St. Paul, MN 55104 $68.00
- St. Paul, MN 55105 $70.00
- Roseville, MN 55113 $76.00
- Mpls, MN 55406 $79.00
- Mpls, MN 55407 $82.00
For all zip codes and delivery prices please call (651) 646-1553
How much do I need?
STEP ONE: Calculate your square footage of area (SQ. FT. = length in feet x width in feet)
If you have more than one area just add up the total square footage.
STEP TWO: Decide depth of product.
- Mulch (2″-3″)
- Soil and Soil Amendments (site and job specific)
- Rock (Patio 3″-6″/Driveway 6″-12″)
STEP THREE: Divide SQ Footage by appropriate depth.
- 1″ Depth: SQ Footage ÷ 325 = Cubic Yards
- 2″ Depth: SQ Footage ÷ 162 = Cubic Yards
- 3″ Depth: SQ Footage ÷ 108 = Cubic Yards
- 4″ Depth: SQ Footage ÷ 81 = Cubic Yards
- 5″ Depth: SQ Footage ÷ 65 = Cubic Yards
- 6″ Depth: SQ Footage ÷ 54 = Cubic Yards
- 8″ Depth: SQ Footage ÷40 = Cubic Yards
- 12″ Depth: SQ Footage ÷ 27 = Cubic Yards
Hate doing math? Please call (651) 646-1553 for assistance!
When can I get it delivered?
We make deliveries during business hours Monday through Saturday:
- Deliveries are done by the day NOT by the time. (This keeps your costs down!)
- If you need product delivered by a specific time we advise having it delivered a day before.
Where will the product be delivered?
Every delivery site is unique. We can place deliveries on one of these four locations:
- Driveway (right or left/top or bottom)
- Parking Pad
Can the Kern delivery truck drive on grass?
The Kern delivery trucks will not leave solid surface.
Do I need to be home?
Nope. (Unless you want to see our delivery guy back that thang up.)
How much can I get delivered at a time?
It’s all about weight. We can hold up to:
- 20 yards of mulch
- 8 yards of soil
- 4.5 yards of rock.
Can I get two things delivered at once?
Sure thing. But it all depends on size of order and total weight of product.
- There is a split load fee of $30
- We physically separate the loads with a series of tarps to secure that loads remain clean.
What are my options besides delivery?
If a product delivery will not work, you can come to our retail site and pick it up yourself! You have two options:
- Bring an open aired truck or trailer and we’ll load it for free with the Bobcat
- You can purchase an order by the yard or half yard and shovel it into containers or shovel it into your vehicle on to a tarp yourself! (Note: this is known as the “Trunk Taco”)